SBC Week 9: Coding

Hi everyone,

Today I will be reviewing one of the coding games. The game is called Code Avengers. You will have to go through a series of tasks of coding. A restaurant wants to use a robot to do jobs, we need to code the robot to do the tasks that the owner wants it to do. There are instructions that tell what to do, but they don’t give exact numbers all the time. That’s when you need to figure out what you’re going to put. I had to code the pen in this case to write the letter “F” and “A”. If you don’t know how to put the correct labels in the spot, there is this lightbulb in the bottom right-hand corner. It’s kind of hard unless it’s just me because I don’t code on a daily base.

But I kind of got the hang of it. It’s really cool that the computer follows what you put down, so if it makes a mistake, you will need to fix. There are 5 tasks to finish. The “F” “A” is the sign for the restaurant. After you finish task 1, there will be a mini quiz about how many times you need to rotate 90 degrees and move 350 pixels. That was from the last task that you had to do to complete task 1. In task 2, there are more codes you need to put in at times. One of the codes is called, “Repeat ____ times” is a tool that will make your code repeat as many times that is needed.

In section 2, you will have to fix a traffic jam. The robot will have to make the cars go the right way so that there are no crashes. You will have to create lines to make the two lanes. The cars are supposed to follow them because well, that’s the rule when you drive. I thought that this game was very interesting even though I didn’t play on it for too long. We were instructed to on a game for at least 5 minutes. I’m glad that I was able to understand a little bit more about how to code what coding does.

That’s all for today,

hmsshayann