Trimester One Portfolio

Hi everyone,

Today I will be showing you four pieces of my work form trimester one that I’m proud of. Some of the work will come from one class.

Language Arts:

I Went Without Project 

I’m proud of this project for Language Arts because it showed me that I’m spending too much time on my phone and I need to cut down.  We needed to go without something for a week. For some of my classmates, it was hard, but for some it is was easy. For me it was hard. I chose to go without Netflix for a week. I love Netflix and my favorite movie is, “To All the Boys I loved Before”, and my favorite T.V show is, “Hawaii 5-0”. So it was hard for me. I watch 5-0 every day if I can. So going without it of a week was hard. But that project allowed me to understand, that I’m on my phone way too much. Either watching something or playing games and there are better things to do then be on my phone.  I chose this project because maybe this will inspire others that you can’t just be hooked on your device all day.

Direction Assignment 

I chose this project because I felt that I was pretty descriptive on my instructions. I gave measurements and bolded in the important things that the other person might miss read. So we were given a paper in class, and our teacher told us that she will tell you what to draw. But, you can do it however you wanted and where it was going to be. For example, if she said to draw an oval, you can draw that oval anywhere, any color, and any size. It was all up to you. Then we were to write a set of descriptive instructions. Then she would give our instructions to another student n our class. But were instructed to not put our names. It was quite interesting because some people were so off and some weren’t.

Math:

Ocean Pollution and Marine Debris Project 

I’m proud of this project for math because it made me realize that there is a lot of trash the is in the ocean. I worked on this project with hmskeldon. The ocean is home to many animals and coral. If we pollute their home, they will die and there won’t be any signs of their specific type of species. Plus, we won’t be able to have fish to catch or to eat. The fish that we eat can be contaminated with the polluted water that they came from. Oil spills have a lot to do with ocean pollution. The oil will kill and harm the animals and the coral. We need to take more action into cleaning up the beaches because the ocean grabs whatever is on the beach. So if there is a lot of trash on the beach, and the waves can touch it, then the trash will go into the ocean. I chose this project because I feel that others need to understand that Ocean Pollution and Marine Debris is very bad. That we need to stop it and help our oceans.

Social Studies:

Arrival of the Missionaries Poem  

I chose this from social studies because I feel that hmsleilani and I worked well on this. I feel that we kind of got the hang of making poems. For me, I find it kind of hard to write poems because it’s hard to find words that rhyme with each other while staying on the topic.  But I find it easier to work with someone because then we can help each other out with finding the right word. Plus, you have someone to talk to and ask them if it sounds right. This poem is about what happened when the sailors came to Hawaii while the Missionaries were in Hawaii. How the sailors tried to burn the church. How the Hawaiian fought back.

That’s all for today,

hmsshayann

2 thoughts on “Trimester One Portfolio

1. wow, it seems like you are proud of lots of your work believe t or not most of what yo wrote about was what I wrote about too for my trimester one portfolio. Hmsdavid keep working hard.

2. hey i am amberli and i live in texas if u wanna be friends then txt me back plz