Monthly Posts – Trimester Three Portfolio

Hi everyone,

Today, I will be showing you my work that I feel that I am very proud of.

Social Studies – Business Project

In social studies, we have been working on business and the aspects of it. So I partnered up with Jenny and we both decided to do Root Beer and Coke Floats and Grab n’ Go. We decided to do root beer and coke because there was another team doing root beer floats, so to make more competition, we had root beer, coke, sprinkles, and whipped cream. The floats were a success, but the Grab n’ Go didn’t do as well. We almost sold out on the floats, ice cream, and whipped cream which was good. Jenny and I worked well together and I really enjoyed doing this project.

Picture by Jenny and I

PIcture by Jenny and I

Language Arts – IXL Test: Connotation

Sometimes in Language Arts, we have surprise tests. The tests are timed and we have about 15-20 minutes and the IXL is based on what we have been learning. So we have to accomplish as much as we can during the period of time. So this time, I got 100%. Plus this is graded, but it’s not worth too much. I was proud of myself because I got 100% within like 15ish minutes. The IXL was based on positive and negative connotations. Basically, you have two choices and you choose which one is positive or negative. Once you get higher, there are three choices. So I got an A for the test and I felt proud. (Once you master the level, you get a medal, and you can restart to get another medal)

Screenshot from IXL

Math – SSAT Basic Geometry Set 4 out of 4 Test

This was an SSAT test and it’s graded work. I was proud because I got a B- on the test, even though it’s worth 1.67% of my grade, I was still proud of myself. We were able to use notes, so I feel that my notes helped me get a B- because, without out those notes, I don’t think I would’ve done the best. I was proud of myself because this actually counted as my grade, and I did a pretty good job considering it’s an SSAT skill. This was set 4 out of the 4 sets that were given. The first three were practice and some were homework. There are 20 questions and some are word problems and some are just questions.

Picture by me

Picture by me

That’s all for today,

hmsshayann