SBC Week 4 Activity 1 : Lack of Water

Hi guys, it’s me hmsshayann, and today I will be talking about the lack of water.

We should be fortunate that we have clean water because not everyone in the world has clean and fresh water to drink. 2.6 billion people lack water sanitation. About 1.1 billion people in developing countries have inadequate access to water. Water scarcity already affects four out of every 10 people. Currently, about 2.3 people worldwide, who still doesn’t have the basic sanitation facilities. That’s really sad and bad because those people don’t have clean water to drink and use.

Water is very important in everyone’s lives. When you drink dirty water, people can get sick from the unclean water. Today, 1 in 9 people lack the access to safe water. If there is clean water, there is an opportunity for improved health and the ability to help fight against diseases. Children are responsible for collecting water for their families, but that takes away time away from school and play. The access to safe water can save time, giving families more time to pursue education and work opportunities that will help break the cycle of poverty.

Water also isn’t just for drinking, it’s used for food production and preparation, care of domestic animals, personal hygiene, care of the sick, cleaning, washing and waste disposal. There are many important uses of water, not just drinking. We should appreciate the clean water that we have because not everyone had clean water to drink and use.

Until then, bye

hmsshayann

Global Issues

Water: United Nations 

The Water Crisis 

Water

2 thoughts on “SBC Week 4 Activity 1 : Lack of Water

1. Hi its hmsnorika,

I thought this blog was interesting. I liked how you put the details in to this post like you did with your other posts.