Monthly Posts (2)

Hi everyone,

So this month I will be doing the same thing as last month but instead of 2 posts, I will be talking about 3 posts. The first post I will be talking about is Trimester One Portfolio. I was proud of what I accomplished in trimester one and I feel happy. I think I did well in all of the classes and I was just so proud of all the work that we did. The first subject I talked about was Language Arts (also Math, Science, and Social Studies). So we did this project called, “I Went Without Project.” We had to go without something for a whole week, I chose Netflix because I love watching it and I felt that I needed to stop for a while.

It was quite hard because I wanted to watch my favorite show. Which is “Hawaii 5-0.”  I really was hooked on watching the show but I think that it was a good lesson because we shouldn’t be on our devices 24-7. I feel that we are on our devices too much and we need to understand that we shouldn’t be reliant on them. We spend to much time on them and we should be enjoying time with family and friends. Even though I really love the show, I know that I shouldn’t be spending time on my phone watching Netflix. I am only talking about Language Arts because I feel that giving up something for a week is hard, but it’s an important lesson.

This was an important lesson for me and hopefully for my classmates is that you don’t need to always be on your device. Or be hooked on something because you have nothing better to do. There is always going to be something better to do like, going out with friends, hanging out with family, or getting ahead on homework. Don’t make that excuse, “I have nothing better to do, so just leave me alone please.” That is never the answer and I feel that I have learned my lesson and I am happy to be able to experience this.

That’s all for today,

hmsshayann