Monthly Posts – Presentation of Learning (POL)

Hi everyone,

So today was POL (Presentation of Learning). If you don’t know what that is, it’s just when each grade level chooses something to educate their parents about. So this year, as 7th graders, we did OPIHI. We just had a field trip about OPIHI. We were split into 6 teams, with 3 people in each. That group was to prepare for OPIHI and also for the field trip. It was fun because we went to Sand Island and did what we’re supposed to do. We went into the water to knee-high level and then we did the measurements and data collecting.

The groups that we’re in at the field trip was the groups that we were split into. We got to choose what we wanted to talk about for the presentation. We choose safety. It was pretty easy because there was a basket that was filled with things that we needed just in case someone got hurt or needed something. We just explained what these items were used and why they are important.

Every group had different things to talk about, so Jojos’ group needed help with their assignment. She was doing algae sample identification. So we had samples collected from Sand Island and her group was supposed to try to identify them. She needed help so I asked Mrs. W and she said it was okay to help them out. So after preparing for my group, the others did it while I helped present and identify Jojo’s group. So this time I was like in two groups. I think this would beΒ my favorite year doing POL.

That’s all for today,

hmsshayann